Before a business segment is selected, then the proper predetermined number of criteria that must be met, among others, as follows:
- Can be measured. Size, purchasing power, and profiles of segments can be measured.
- Quite large and profitable segment to be served. A segment must be a homogeneous group of the largest of value to be achieved with a marketing program designed.
- Can be accessed. Segments can be effectively reached and served.
- Can be distinguished. The segments can conceptually separable and respond differently to marketing mix elements.
- Action can be taken. Effective programs can be formulated to attract and serve those segments.
So, if those criteria has been met, than business are raising and more valuable.